Venue: Hanoi University of Mining and Geology (HUMG)
Address: No. 18 Viens treet, Duc Thang ward, Bac Tu Liem district, Hanoi, Vietnam.
HUMG was established in 1966 on the basis of the Mining and Geology Faculty of Hanoi University of Technologies. Alumni from HUMG are highly appreciated for capability and professional skills in the key sectors of the Vietnamese economy such as oil and minerals exploration, geodesy and cartography, and (underground) construction, etc.
Currently, the main campus of HUMG is located in Ducthang ward, Bac Tuliem District, Hanoi, Viet Nam. The university also has other campuses and branches located in Quangninh (the heart of the coal mining industry), Vungtau (the oil city in the south), and Danang, a beautiful central beach city of Viet Nam.
With its long history of development, HUMG is continuously developing, and dozens of new majors have recently been added to the university education programs, such as environment, software engineering, applied information technology in surveying, mining and geology, accounting, economics and business administration, etc. The Hanoi campus is being expanded to comply with the facilities of an advanced and modernized university.
The university has a total number of academic staff of 700 with nearly 80 professors, and 154 senior lecturers. With highly qualified academic staff, HUMG has built a reputation in research activities and applied knowledge in earth sciences and related areas in Viet Nam.
The university is constantly expanding its international cooperation in undergraduate and postgraduate education, scientific research, providing consultancy services, to cooperate with prestigious regional and world-wide universities in offering the educational programs in foreign languages based on advanced curricula and high quality programs.
There are 2 popular ways to get from Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) to Hanoi University of Mining and Geology by taxi, bus.
After getting out of the arrivals exit gate, you will easily find out a fleet of taxi waiting for you. Don’t rush to the invitation of any taxi drivers. It is worth considering taxi brand name. Before making a deal, make sure that you have asked for price and required to pay for a pack from the airport to your hotel. The present price for a pick up from Noi Bai airport to the centre of Hanoi is about 330.000 VND ($15.5). Some popular taxi operators are Dai Nam, Viet Thanh, Noi Bai airport, Mai Linh, etc… You can make use of your bargaining skills to get a cheaper price.
Tips for taking taxi at cheaper price:
- If you go on a trip alone, start a conversation with others and make a suggestion of taking taxi together so that you can share the price. In other ways, you can tell your suggestions directly to taxi driver so that they can find your partner.
- If you observe carefully, you will notice some cars such as Thanh Nga which is used for taking passengers to the airport only. For those bus not used for picking up passengers from the airport, the money you pay will belong to taxi driver only. The price is very cheap, only at 100.000 VND- 200.0000 VND, and some cases are even much cheaper. However, you will have to walk for a longer trip to the gate outside. Besides, be informed that you might have difficulty grabbing one at night. Therefore, you should be well- prepared for every circumstance.
- Another way is to return to the second floor- domestic station- where the cars of residents take their relatives or manager to go for a business trip or travel. You can ask for their picking up on their way home to downtown. You will probably have a free picking up if your itinerary is exactly the same as theirs. If not, you also get 40 to 50% cheaper price than present one. However, be informed that this option is not easy to do for it is illegal to the authority at the airport. Any taxi grabbing passengers on the second floor will get heavy fine. Therefore, after making a deal successfully, quickly get out and wait them outside to pick you up.
From Hanoi downtown area to Noi Bai airport:
Interestingly, it is much cheaper to get from downtown to Noi Bai airports. You can take other popular taxi operators such as Viet Thanh, Thanh nga, etc… The price is only 180.000 – 200.000 VND. At present, the way to airport is shortened from 30km to 15km thanks to the use of Nhat Tan bridge. If you take a taxi from Nhat Tan, the price is only 100.000 – 150.000 VND. In other ways, you can use Grab taxi – a popular service in Vietnam. With the promotional code, you can go by linking itinerary.
(2) Public buses:
After leaving the terminal exit, turning right and going ahead for about 100m, you will see bus no.7 which departs from transferring bus station in Cau Giay (opposite University of Transport and Communications). The bus will pass other bus stations along Cau Giay – Pham Van Van Dong – Noi Bai. It starts every 10 to 15 minutes and takes 45 to 50 minutes to go from Cau Giay to Noi Bai and the way back. The bus starts at 5:00am and ends at 9:30pm. From the transferring bus station in Cau Giay, you can take other buses for different itinerary. You can get off at th bus stop on Pham Van Dong road and then take a taxi to HUMG.
It’s great new that from June, 2015, In order to create good favour for tourists to travel from the airport to the city centry of Hanoi, Hanoi Bus Corp add three more bus lines.
Route NB01 (05 buses): Noi Bai airport – Dao Tan Street ( near Daewoo hotel)
- Noi Bai airport (T2 international gate) – T1 Domestic gate – Vo Van Kiet Str- Vo Nguyen Giap str – Nhat Tan Bridge – Vo Chi Cong str – Xuan La str – Lac Long Quan str – Buoi – Dao Tan
- Duration of each route is about 75 minutes
You can get off at th bus stop on Vo Chi Cong road and then take a taxi to HUMG.